instagram captions about tongues - The Instagram Captions

Latest

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

instagram captions about tongues

Captions about Tongues for Instagram

The best time for you to hold your tongue is the time you feel you must say something or bust. -Josh Billings

Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know,' and thou shalt progress. -Maimonides

The tongue like a sharp knife ... Kills without drawing blood. -Gautama Buddha

For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'. -John Greenleaf Whittier

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over. -Benjamin Franklin

Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks. -Davy Crockett

Do not consider it proof just because it is written in books, for a liar who will deceive with his tongue will not hesitate to do the same with his pen. -Maimonides

The windy satisfaction of the tongue. -Homer

Many a man's tongue shakes out his master's undoing. -William Shakespeare

Fire and swords are slow engines of destruction, compared to the tongue of a Gossip. -Richard Steele

I had to touch you with my hands, I had to taste you with my tongue; one can't love and do nothing. -Graham Greene

Let arms give place to the robe, and the laurel of the warriors yield to the tongue of the orator. -Marcus Tullius Cicero

A jest's prosperity lies in the ear Of him that hears it, never in the tongue Of him that makes it. -William Shakespeare

I hope my tongue in prune juice smothers, If I belittle dogs and mothers. -Ogden Nash

Language is wine upon the lips. -Virginia Woolf

Soul receives from soul that knowledge, therefore not by book nor from tongue. If knowledge of mysteries come after emptiness of mind, that is illumination of heart. -Rumi

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. -Solomon

In nine times out of ten, the slanderous tongue belongs to a disappointed person. -George Bancroft

For God's sake hold your tongue, and let me love. -John Donne

The martyr cannot be dishonored. Every lash inflicted is a tongue of fame; every prison a more illustrious abode. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I will speak with a straight tongue. -Chief Joseph

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue. -Alice Miller

The upright, if he suffer calumny to move him, fears the tongue of man more than the eye of God. -Charles Caleb Colton

Any good thing you say to me shall not be forgotten. I shall carry it as near to my heart as my children, and it shall be as often on my tongue as the name of the Great Spirit. -Ten Bears

Better slip with foot than tongue. -Benjamin Franklin

Post Top Ad